If your management station/PC that runs the Industrial HiVision services experiences a high CPU load during discovery of one or more Hirschmann BAT devices, you can perform the following steps to reduce the amount of logical (internal) interfaces being created.
- Open the 'services.xml file found in the /config folder under the installation directory
- Insert the following line into the section 'HiVisionKernelDb' as an xml argument:
- Save the document
- Restart your Industrial HiVision services
- If necessary delete the BAT devices in Industrial HiVision
- Detect the BAT devices in Industrial HiVIsion again.
The 'HiVisionKernelDb' section of the services.xml file should look somehow like this after step 2: