While updating from VxWorks to LINUX version, device may not be able to boot again.
There was an sporadic issue found in HiOS when a device is updated from VxWorks (version < 09.1.00) to
LINUX (version >= 09.1.00):
- During the first boot after the update the device stops with message:
“linux-user-bde: no device“.
After a certain time, the device reboots using the backup image and in default
R&D already found out that this issue is caused by hardware variance within the specification.
Thus, this is not a hardware issue. It is an issue which will be fixed in software within the
- MSP40 (under investigation)
- OS3 (under investigation)
- Firmware versions 09.1.00, 09.2.00 and 09.2.01 for the affected devices have been completely removed from Customer Portal and Belden
WEB page. We strongly recommend staying with versions prior to 09.1.00.
- R&D is currently analyzing the issue and is in contact with the Chip vendor.
- R&D will provide a fix of this issue asap.