Overview on new features as of version 10.34.6201-RU6
WLAN Diagnostic Log additions
• Receive signal strength information about neighbor access points is additionally provided in WLAN-Diagnostics Log. The presented information on signal strength is equivalent to the WLAN-STRENGTH trace information.
• A new column "Signal Quality (%)" is added - reflecting the PHY-SIGNAL value for the respective node.
Country Profile Updates
· For all BAT devices the radio transmission power in 5GHz band 1 is increased to the regulatory limits.
· In DFS required bands, the “device channel list” prioritizes the channels, but if exhausted (due to radar) will turn to other channels in the configured bands.
• USA: For BAT867 devices the radio transmission power in 5GHz band 1 is increased to the
· regulatory limits.
• Mexico: For all BAT devices the 5GHz band 1 is added.
India Time zone (UTC +5:30) Support
With HiLCOS 10.34-RU6 the India Time zone (UTC +5:30) is supported in BAT devices.
Bugfixes and improvements in version 10.34.6201-RU6
• 11n radio: In case of a non-symmetric wireless propagation environment a BAT device operating as a WLAN client might stick to an AP as long as it is receiving with a good signal, even when the AP is no longer successfully receiving packets from the BAT device.
• With 10.34-RU6 the BAT will now force roaming to an alternative AP in case this situation is detected.
• In HiLCOS 10.34 versions prior to RU6 – BAT867 and BAT450-11ac client devices were not buffering packets while performing background scans. As a result, increased packet loss is observed in a roaming environment. This issue is fixed in 10.34-RU6.
• The WPA3 Enterprise standard is not compatible with the Pre Authentication feature, that accelerates roaming. If it is configured (even in WPA2/3 mixed mode), this can lead to slow roamings. Possible work-arounds are:
· In pure WPA3 or WPA2/3 mixed mode: Set “Fast roaming” for both AP and Client devices. Mixed modes like “Standard & Fast Roaming” are not supported. Make sure to either set the client, or AP, or both to “Fast Roaming” exclusively.
· Switch to WPA2 mode with “Pre Authentication” enabled
• In HiLCOS 10.34 versions prior to RU6 the setting to use Pre-Authentication in client mode could sporadically lead to failures while roaming. This issue is fixed in 10.34-RU6.
• In HiLCOS 10.34 versions prior to RU6, the key distribution of the Opportunistic Key Caching feature was failing. This issue is fixed in 10.34-RU6.